Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Learning and Exploring

This class has been really awesome so far; it's gotten me to do some things that I never do normally and think about my city in a way that I, and most inhabitants of any city they live in, rarely think about. The CSL assignment has been especially boundary-breaking. We're trying to build up a directory of local literature (or other texts) for APRIG and then recommend that the APIRG library buy some of them. The search for local lit and other cool stuff has led me to cool websites, the I-week poetry slam, and then just last night to Rouge Lounge (Rose Bowl) on Jasper for their poetry night, led by the Breath In Poetry Collective (breathinpoetry.com).  I had to walk down Jasper from Corona at like 9 in the freezing cold, and it's waaaay down Jasper on 117st, so that was an unusual thing for me just in itself, and then I was in a strange environment with a bunch of awesome local poets and hiphop artists. It was really fun and worth going to, so you should go! Every Tuesday at 9(ish...they started quite late, more like 9:30 haha).
To finish off, I've had lots of trouble thinking up a map idea, so even though I have a couple preliminary thoughts now, wish me luck!! Or offer me your super good ideas...whatever floats your boat. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment